carbon monoxide monitoring
Top Facts About A Silent Killer| Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide is a gas that kills silently. Imagine that all you feel is tired. There is no smell, taste or visual warning. You go to sleep and simply don't wake up or, you have some violent symptoms. This is more dangerous than fire because there is no smoke to warn of the danger. Today, your smoke detection system can come equipped with a carbon monoxide detector built in. Here we will give you the facts you need to know about carbon monoxide poisoning. Why? Because this can go on in small doses and poison you slowly in a home that has a leak.
What on earth would leak this stuff into your home?
What really happens to the body from carbon monoxide poisoning?
Well, in simple terms--when you are in a room with little or no ventilation--meaning something like an extractor fan and not just an open window--you are apt to have more parts carbon monoxide than oxygen. Carbon monoxide will adhere to the cells preventing you from absorbing oxygen into the cells of the body. So, you can be breathing as deep and clear as a little trooper and still get little to no actual oxygen. This means tissue rapidly deteriorating and death occurs when the brain and heart no longer have enough oxygen to function.
Who is in the most danger for death or long term health issues?
Babies and infants who are in their beds while this is happening can sustain death or brain damage which will impede healthy development. Detectors in their rooms are crucial.
What are the actual symptoms of carbon monoxide?
These are the most common. A person may only have one or maybe more of these symptoms at one time. In order to have symptoms the carbon monoxide should be above one to seventy parts per million. This doesn't mean they are out of the woods--it means that there is actually less chance they will be able to know what is going on in time. There is increased danger when it becomes one hundred to two hundred parts per million.
How can you prevent carbon monoxide poisoning?
As you can tell, this is a situation that most take for granted. We, the experts in this field are here to tell you that you need to take it seriously. Every winter close to as many people die of carbon monoxide poisoning as do fire from space heaters. Don't wait, call us now.